Hermes Consilium and Organobalance CEE regional success
Hermes Consilium is proud to be a partner of Organobalance in the CEE region. Organobalance as a research and development company specializes in innovative, cutting-edge ingredients based on microbial strains. The use of unique microbial culture collection enables Organobalance development of highly effective, gentle and patentable products.
Pylopass™ manufactured by Organobalance is a proprietary strain of Lactobacillus reuteri that has proven stability in a wide range of applications for the end consumer market. Consisting of spray-dried L.reutiri cells it works through a unique mechanism of action that works against the bacteria H. pylori by reducing the bacterial load in the stomach.
Estimated 50 % of the World’s population is infected with H. pylori bacteria. H. pylori has the unique ability to survive in the harsh gastric environment, for which it has long been believed to be sterile. Pathogen microorganism can spread through the stomach, but due to its asymptomatic nature, the symptoms can appear long after the infection occurred. Gastric colonization with H. pylori can lead to variety of upper gastrointestinal disorders – from gastritis to peptic ulcers and even gastric cancer. While the latter can be life threatening, the other conditions significantly affect the quality of life.
- Since Pylopass™ consists of inactive cells the temperature controls of shipment and storage conditions are not required. This offers a clear advantage over probiotics which have high sensitivity in transport.
- With its unique coaggregating mechanism of action the gut microflora balance isn’t disturbed.
- Acidity of the stomach environment can be especially challenging for the mechanism of action of most probiotics. With Pylopass™ there are no such concern as the coaggregation depends only on binding of surface structures between Pylopass™ and H. pylori.
- While antibiotics have many negative side effects such as diarrhea and taste disturbances, Pylopass™ doesn’t have side effects through ingestion and administration.
- Treatments with antibiotics can be ineffective due to antibiotic resistant strains. Pylopass™ has unique mechanism of action, which does not encounter the problem of antibiotic resistance.
- Effectiveness – Eradication of H.pylori has been confirmed in several clinical studies.