Rising obesity and life expectancy are increasing joint health issue occurrence. Consequently, worldwide demand for joint health supplements was over three times larger than the total dietary supplement average in 2021.
Demand for joint health supplements has been growing faster than the total dietary supplement average in the past 5 years. Therefore, there has been a significant growth in new product launches with bone health functional claims. Consumers are increasingly concerned about joint and muscle pain, placing it among their top future health concerns.
We have prepared a presentation with collected market data.
- global demand for joint health supplements has risen in the past years due to rising obesity and life expectancy
- significant growth was seen in new product launches with bone health functional claim in the CEE region – from 21,9% in 2017 to 27,5% in 2021
- European consumers have placed joint and muscle pain in the top 3 health concerns for the next 10 years, stating they don’t currently suffer from this condition but are concerned about it in the future
- Frost & Sullivan recently published a “Global Bone and Joint Health Ingredients Growth Opportunities” report, which highlights the opportunity for clinically studied ingredients in the European market
- bone health functional claims are present in new product launches by some of the world’s leading and most innovative brands (Bayer, Nature Made, NOW Foods)
- many brands are exploring and launching a broad range of products beneficial to gut microbiota that promotes bone health
Future consumer health concerns alongside recent global and CEE market trends indicate a promising market opportunity for joint health products in the years to come.
Are you considering addressing this opportunity with clinically studied branded ingredients? Request more information by clicking on the button below.